The Skull Permit Program at JEM College in Riverside, CA covers Skull Radiography and consists of didactic and clinical externship.
This is an advanced level class for the existing X-ray Technician to obtain the approved education to become eligible to sit for The State of California, Department of Public health, Radiologic Health Branch examination category for Skull Radiography.
Didactic: 10 weeks – Saturday Class 9AM to 3PM
Clinical Externship: Minimum of 3 months (minimum 32 hours/week) with a total of 100 completed skull procedures (40 live patients and 60 pre-determined procedures on a radiographic phantom)
- Copy of HS Diploma / GED, copy of photo ID
- Must be an X-ray Technician with a minimum of three permits in Chest, Extremities and Torso-skeletal.
(Copy of current permit)
- Must be able to provide a clinical site in which documented skull procedures are being done. (a minimum of 12 per month)
- Clinical Site must meet the requirements of the Radiologic Health Branch prior to enrollment:
- Current tube registration
- Supervisor / Operator (licentiate with x-ray permit) is on site
- Clinical affiliation agreement is made with the school to become clinical site for X-Ray
- Site inspection to be done by school and documents sent to RHB for approval.
To get your career training started and find out about start dates, call 951-549-0693 or fill out the form below and one of our admissions representatives will contact you within 24 hours.